Call For Applicants
Save the Mothers is looking for
The Executive Director
Save The Mothers is a Canadian, Christian faith-based charity with affiliate organizations in East Africa and the U.S.A.
OUR MISSION: To train local leaders in the developing world to reduce maternal mortality within their own countries.
OUR VISION: That no mother or child should die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
The primary tools in place today for generating cultural change in the developing world are the “Masters of Public Health Leadership” degree program and the “Mother Baby Friendly Hospital” initiative.
The Executive Director of Save the Mothers is accountable to the Canadian Board of Directors for:
- the production and implementation of strategic plans to deliver the mission and vision through development of the tools available
- extension of support to more countries
- engaging and overseeing staff, consultants and volunteers
- building partnerships
- communicating the need
- raising funds
Based in the Greater Toronto area with some local, national, and international travel (as required).
- Believes in and lives by the STM statement of faith (The Apostles Creed)
- Identifies with the mission of Save the Mothers
- Development & implementation of strategy to accomplish the mission and vision
- Local support – fundraising, marketing, communications, administration, consultants and volunteers as needed
- Partner organizations – Client Program Country Boards (i.e. Uganda with potential, expansion), Donor Country boards (i.e. USA with potential, expansion)
- Ability to lead by influence as well as authority of position
- Leadership – Preferably international project/program management
- Structure Development – “Not for profit franchise with a potential to move towards a federation”
- Financial Management
- People Management – Selecting, training and inspiring a high performing team
- Volunteer engagement
- Proven ability raising and negotiating government and NGO grants from national and international bodies
- Identifying and negotiating strategic funding partnerships
- Proven ability raising funds from major gift audiences (foundations, events, corporations and high net worth individuals);
- Fundraising leadership
- Balanced planning & budgeting for direct marketing (Project donors and institutional donor development)
- At least a Masters-level degree in public health, international development or similar
- Supplementary post-graduate training in the following areas will be valuable:
- Management training
- Financial skills for non-financial managers
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
- Experience to demonstrate that the necessary skill is present
- Public speaking, networking and relationship building
- Relevant global experience
- Annual review by the Canadian Board of Directors measuring performance against strategic plans.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Save The Mothers offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight to save the lives of mothers and their babies. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring and supportive.
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference in the lives of vulnerable mothers and their babies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified Christian applicants are invited to send their resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to:
We thank all applicants and will acknowledge all applications received (by automated response) but only those invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Please note that this posting will remain open until filled.
Save The Mothers is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Call For Applicants
Save the Mothers is looking for 2 PROGRAM INTERNS
(From Canada or the United States)
for the 2017/18 academic year
Save the Mothers is a global leader in reducing the numbers of mothers dying in childbirth. We offer a Master of Public Health Leadership degree in maternal health, administered by Uganda Christian University in Mukono, Uganda. www.savethemothers.org
Description of intern:
(Please note: these positions are open to residents of Canada and the United States only.)
This person will have completed an undergraduate degree (specialty not required) and have some experience in a work setting. They will be people-oriented with a willingness to work and learn in a cross-cultural environment. The appropriate person will have a strong interest in health issues in the developing world (and preferably maternal/child health). Many of our interns go on to careers in development, public or maternal health care. The successful candidate will respect the values and beliefs held by both the Save the Mothers program and the Uganda Christian University.