What is Volunteer Fundraising?
Volunteer fundraising is an opportunity for Save the Mothers’ supporters to raise money for a cause they believe in by hosting an event, small or large, in the name of the organization.
Types of Events
Click on the icons below to learn more
There are any number of other possible events you could host, so please don’t feel limited in the ways you can give.
Host an event from the options below or come up with your own ideas.
If you choose to do another event, share your success with us at Save the Mothers so we may thank you for all your efforts and share with the world how you have made a difference.
- Golf Tournament/Sporting Event
- Car Wash
- Dinner/Cocktail Party
- Bake Sale
- Garage Sale
- Artistic/Talent Event
Mother's Day Weekend Walks
Every year hundreds of people gather together to raise money for Save the Mothers through our Mother's Day Weekend Walks – Steps to Deliver Change.
While each of these Walks receives help from Save the Mothers, they wouldn’t be possible without volunteer fundraisers and supporters who work hard to make these events successful fundraising ventures.
Long time Save the Mothers supporter, Matthew Eeuwes, is using his talents raise money for a cause he believes in.
As a classically trained violinist, Matthew has hosted concerts and the proceeds from his events go towards helping Save the Mothers. Learn More
After losing her mother, one woman generously helped to raise money for Save the Mothers at the funeral. Giving in memory of someone is a thoughtful way to make an impact in the lives of others. One gentleman chose to honour his recently deceased mother by investing part of his inheritance in funding a Mother Baby Friendly Hospital in her memory.
Special Occasion Gifts
One bride and her groom felt they did not need to be showered with any more gifts on their special day so they opted to have guests help raise money for Save the Mothers instead. Each donation went towards helping to save the mothers and newborns in East Africa. Whether it is a birthday, a wedding, Christmas or any other gift-giving time of year, if you would prefer people put their money towards a cause you believe in, this is an option for you.
Tips and Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in hosting an event to raise money for Save the Mothers. Please fill out a Volunteer Fundraising Event Application and submit to email@example.com. This ensures the events in our organization’s name align with our code of conduct and mission. Someone from Save the Mothers will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your event, ensuring it aligns with the Save the Mothers code of conduct and mission.
- Decide whether your event will be large or small and start planning accordingly with a planning committee, friends, or family (if required).
- Set a date and budget for your event.
- Promote your event. We can help to promote the event through our networks.
- Collect donations from event attendees. We can help to provide guidelines for doing so. Tax receipts can be made available for all donations over $25. Please note that contributions of services, that is, of time, skills or efforts, are not property, and therefore do not qualify as gifts for the purpose of issuing official tax receipts.
- Thank everyone for participating in the event and share with them how much money the event helped to raise.
How We Can Help
Save the Mothers has several resources available to help make your event a great success.
- Join our Speakers Bureau and be supplied with the presentation resources you need to share our story or contact us about the possibility of having a representative from our organization come and speak at your event.
- We may be able to provide Save the Mothers merchandise for your event.
- We can help to promote your event on our website and social media accounts.
- For conversation guidelines, information about our organization and tips about encouraging donations click the button below.
“Save the Mothers has been an organization that I’ve known about from an early age, but it wasn’t until my family and I travelled to Uganda in 2007 that I truly understood the impact of Save the Mothers’ work. The past three summers I have been an intern for Save the Mothers, where I help with the organization and planning of the Fundraising Gala Auction. This summer I decided I wanted to further my impact for Save the Mothers and organize my own fundraising recital in my hometown. I have been playing the violin for over 15 years and I am continuing my education as a musician at Eastman School of Music where I will be graduating in 2018 with a Bachelor of Music degree. Music is my passion because it allows me to impact others in an extraordinary way, and I wanted to further that passion by performing and organizing a fundraising recital for Save the Mothers. The fundraising recital was a grandiose success raising a good amount of money for Save the Mothers.” – Matthew Eeuwes